- Signage should be posted to share the following guidance:
- Reminding people that face masks are required, even if alone.
- Encouraging people to use stairs and avoid using elevators, unless needed.
- Maximum occupancy with physical distancing
- Refrain from talking
- Avoid leaning on elevator walls
- Reminding people to not exceed occupancy limits and wait if needed
- Posting signage prominently inside each elevator to remind riders of expectations regarding etiquette and behavior
- Reminding people to physically distance from others
- Avoid touching anything after touching elevator buttons
- After touching elevator buttons, riders should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol as soon as possible after getting off an elevator
- Where appropriate, floor markings should be applied to indicate where individuals should stand. When riding in an elevator with others, all riders should maximize the physical distance between each other by standing near the corners.