The University of Mississippi is committed to keeping its staff updated, informed and healthy. If you have questions that aren’t answered in the resources below, please email email@example.com.
Top 3 things to know
Returning to Campus — If possible and performance is productive and effective, continue to work remotely. Upon return to campus, employees must continue to follow all of the university’s parameters and protocols. These include:
- Don’t come to work if experiencing any possible symptoms of COVID-19 or when ill.
- Keep your distance and limit time physically meeting.
- Wear a mask indoors when around others.
- Rotate schedules; in and out times and breaks/meal periods.
- Refrain from having meals together when social distancing is not possible. This includes visiting restaurants, department potlucks, and celebrations.
- Keep surfaces clean and wash hands thoroughly.
- Wear a mask when traveling in vehicles together.
- Use the UM COVID-19 Daily Symptom Checker and monitor for symptoms
- Remain in quarantine while waiting for test results and follow medical providers’ instructions.
Wear Your Mask and Wear it Properly — follow CDC guidance for wearing a face mask:
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
- Don’t put the mask around your neck or up on your forehead
- Don’t touch the mask, and, if you do, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to disinfect
- The CDC does not recommend using masks if they have an exhalation valve or vent. The purpose of masks is to keep respiratory droplets from reaching others to aid with source control. Masks with one-way valves or vents allow exhaled air to be expelled out through holes in the material. This can allow exhaled respiratory droplets to reach others and potentially spread the COVID-19 virus.
Check out the worksite wellness site, RebelWell@Work:
RebelWell is a campus and community wellness program designed to support employees as they adopt and sustain behaviors that reduce health risks, improve quality of life, and enhance personal effectiveness. RebelWell offers a variety of activities such as health fairs, medical screenings, nutritional cooking programs, on-site fitness classes, and more. Check out this site to find wellness programs and activities right for you.