Mississippi Adopts Statewide Shelter-In-Place Order
Quote of the Day
Join Ole Miss Campus Recreation and the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce for a Virtual 5K on April 25. Run, walk or roll your way to a 5K — wherever you are, however you can. Everyone in the Lafayette/Oxford/University community is invited to participate in this fun and free event. We can be fit while practicing social distancing. We are apart, together. Click here to register: https://raceroster.com/events/2020/31035/virtual-5k and see the Rebel Well page for creative ways to exercise while in self-quarantine and social distancing.
Faculty and Staff
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs has launched the Keep Discovering website to keep the campus research community informed on key issues as we strive to maintain mission-critical research activities safely during the COVID-19 outbreak. Check the site daily for updates to FAQs, key announcements from sponsoring agencies, and emerging funding opportunities related to COVID-19.
The university’s Communiversity program is offering free non-credit classes for the Ole Miss and Oxford community to support and encourage members during this time. To register for these free online courses, please visit www.outreach.olemiss.edu/communiversity/classes.html
- If you would like to polish your Zoom meeting protocol, check out “Speaking with Confidence Online” with UM Speech Instructor Ellie Moore. The 40-minute class will help you consider the environment, technology, appearance, tone, and non-verbal delivery in your online meetings. The online class will meet Thursdays beginning April 2 at 1 p.m.
- Self-care is important. The Midweek Movement and Meditation course offered Wednesdays from 4:30-5:15 p.m. can help you manage anxiety and find calm through stretching and mindful meditation. UM Professor of Dance Jennifer Mizenko leads the class.
Other Things to Know
- April 2: Natchez, Adams County Safe Room
- April 4: Carriere, Pearl River County Health Department
- April 6: Ripley, Tippah County Coliseum