The welfare and safety of our community during this time is our primary concern. We are writing to inform you of recent developments relating to COVID-19.
The University of Mississippi received notification today, June 3, 2020, that a student and an employee both tested positive for COVID-19. The Mississippi State Department of Health is currently conducting contact tracing and will communicate with those who may have been in close contact with these individuals.
We take this opportunity to remind our community of important information regarding COVID-19. In an effort to slow the spread of the virus, we are requesting your immediate attention to and compliance with the following health-authority-recommended practices – not only to ensure your own well-being but the well-being of others:
- Engage in social distancing of six or more feet.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Stay home when ill or if other family members are ill.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Watch for cough, troubled breathing, or other signs of respiratory infection.
- Monitor temperature for a fever above 100.4 degrees F (38 degrees C).
Faculty & Staff
Other Things to Know
- Executive Order 1494 extends certain protections for healthcare facilities and healthcare workers – May 29, 2020
- Executive Order 1493 updates the list of counties remaining under the “Safer at Home” order until June 8, 2020 – May 29, 2020
- Executive Order 1492 outlines the “Safe Return” order, providing guidelines for group gatherings, travel, business operations, healthcare activities, recreation and amusement activities, reception halls/conference centers, schools and courts of law, in effect until June 15 – May 28, 2020
- Executive Order 1491 allows outdoor sports complexes, theaters, libraries and museums to reopen with limitations – May 27, 2020
- June 4: Amory, Becker Community Center
- June 5: Philadelphia, Neshoba County Coliseum
- June 6: Lumberton, Ben Barrett Community Center
- The Best Films of 2020 (So Far), and They’re All Streaming
- Online sales of caterpillar kits are booming, and the chance to watch an insect turn into a butterfly has caught the imaginations of every age group in the age of social distancing.
- Denny’s Celebrates Graduates with a Special Promotional Offer on “Grad” Slams
- Social Environment Changes during COVID-19 Quarantine https://uofmississippi.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7Veid9lbE6wFiSh
- Measurement of COVID-19 Health Impact (MOCHI): uofmississippi.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4O5zfNRsjf0zF65