- Rebel Aid, a 48-hour online campaign hosted April 7-8 to raise funds to help Ole Miss students and our community navigate challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic, has raised more than $90,000 so far. We are so grateful to everyone who has given to support the Ole Miss Food Bank, the Rebel Relief Disaster Fund and other similar funds. Once again, we’ve shown that we can do great things together — even when we’re apart.
- Be sure to watch “The Love Will Never Be Gone: A Video Letter to Ole Miss Baseball 2020.”
- Don’t miss this unique rendition of our fight song as current and former members of the Ole Miss Band play “Forward Rebels” (remotely) during the quarantine of 2020.
University leaders have been inspired by our community’s willingness to donate personal protective equipment (PPE) or provide equipment and facilities to fabricate PPE to local organizations. In an effort to maximize the effectiveness of the donations, the university has established a Potential PPE Donation Taskforce to help develop an inventory of potential donations and capabilities and to coordinate the donations. Contact Donna Strum for additional information.
ASB Leadership and Engagement Awards
The Associated Student Body (ASB) and Ole Miss Student Union are proud to present the 2020 Leadership and Engagement Awards. Various awards recognize the contributions of student leaders, advisors and registered student organizations. Everyone is invited to nominate individuals and organizations deserving of recognition. Application packets will be due via The Forum by Monday, April 20 at 6 p.m. Nominations will be reviewed by external reviewers and the ASB’s Executive Board. For more information, visit the Student Union website or contact ASB Advisor Will Takewell or ASB Graduate Assistant Kendrick Wallace.
Other Things to Know
- April 9: Smith County, Raleigh
- April 9, Webster County, Eupora
- April 10, Tunica County, Tunica