Future Planning Task Force
On May 19, Chancellor Boyce shared an update on planning efforts underway to guide the university as we continue to navigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. These efforts include the establishment of the university’s Future Planning Task Force to develop an operational framework for the Fall 2020 semester, monitor the many variables that evolve daily and develop recommendations. Read the entire message.
University COVID-19-related news stories
- In response to social distance, Mississippi Teacher Corps offers free summer school across state
- Sigma Nu Charity Bowl raises more than $168,000 despite cancellation due to COVID-19
- Pilot project becomes mental health CHAMP during pandemic
Apply for CARES funds
It’s not too late! Spring CARES funds still available. Students are encouraged to apply now! See FAQs for more details.
Student Housing Spring 2020 checkout continues
Spring 2020 checkout is underway for residents of Student Housing. Appointments are available through the Student Housing portal in two-hour increments from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. CDT through Sunday, May 31. See message from Student Housing to schedule an appointment and review details about the checkout process.
Other Things to Know
Gov. Tate Reeves has issued several executive orders related to COVID-19:
- May 15: Executive Order 1486
- May 15: Executive Order 1485
- May 14: Executive Order 1484
- May 12: Executive Order 1483
- May 11: Executive Order 1481
UMMC and MSDH are hosting mobile COVID-19 sample collection sites. The appointment-only testing is free of charge. Anyone experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, who wants to be tested must first undergo a free screening from a UMMC clinician through the C Spire Health UMMC Virtual COVID-19 Triage telehealth smartphone app. Those without a smartphone can call 601-496-7200.
- May 21: Collins, Covington County Multi-Purpose Building
- May 22: Mendenhall, Simpson County Livestock Area
- May 23: Walnut Grove, Standing Pine Facility Building
- May 23: Byram, Byram Middle School
ActiveHealth and the Mississippi State and School Employees’ Health Insurance Plan is offering a FREE 30-minute webinar on May 21 at Noon CT to learn more about available health and well-being resources. It will highlight support resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit this site to register.
On the Lighter Side:
- Some Good News with John Krasinski Ep. 8: “The SGN Community Episode”
- Jimmy Fallon, Brendon Urie & The Roots Remix “Under Pressure” (with at-home instruments)
- Olive and Mabel, Episode 4 – “The Company Meeting”
- Forbes shares 15 virtual tours to take during coronavirus
There are university studies and surveys underway that welcome your participation. Below is information how you can learn about them and participate.
- Measurement of COVID-19 Health Impact (MOCHI): uofmississippi.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4O5zfNRsjf0zF65