Free COVID-19 Testing at Depot
What? FREE COVID-19 PCR testing
Who? For symptomatic or asymptomatic students, faculty and staff
Where? University-Oxford Depot on campus
When? Monday through Friday, 3-7 p.m., and Saturdays, noon-4 p.m.
How? To schedule your test:
- Text “2020” to 833-991-3009 OR click on this link: http://86borders.com/l/68415e8f
- Complete the Testing Intake Form
- You will receive a confirmation # to present at the testing site
- Show up (with your University-affiliated ID) any day, any time during testing hours that week.
Free COVID-19 Testing at Oxford Conference Center
What? FREE COVID-19 testing (rapid and PRC) offered by the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH)
Who? Anyone can be tested for COVID-19 at an MSDH site. Testing is suggested for those who have COVID-19 symptoms, or who may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Where? Oxford Conference Center, 102 Ed Perry Blvd.
When? Appointments available Monday through Friday
How? More information and available appointments can be found on UMMC’s COVID-19 Scheduling Site.
Featured FAQ: I’ve just returned from travel. Is there anything I should do?
Travelers should continue to follow CDC guidance for traveling along with state and local travel return requirements. After a trip, travelers are recommended to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, and isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test(regardless of vaccination status) before you travel by air into the U.S., and show your negative result to the airline before boarding. The CDC recommends that all travelers returning from international travel get tested for COVID-19 3-5 days after travel.
If you are not fully vaccinated, the CDC also recommends that you get tested for COVID-19 3-5 days after returning from travel (domestic or international), and to stay home and self-quarantine for 7 days after travel. If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
For more information, see the Public Health Communications Collaborative.
News Stories and Resources
- Board of Alderman Repeal Mask Mandate for City Buildings (Oxford Eagle)
- When to Use a Home Test for COVID-19 (MSDH)
- Steps Everyone Can Take to Make Gatherings Safer (CDC)
- How to Use Your N95 Respirator (CDC) • COVID-19 Testing: What You Need to Know (CDC)
- What Mask Should I Wear? (Public Health Communications Collaborative)
- Stop Using Empowered Diagnostics COVID-19 Tests: FDA Safety Communication (FDA)
- FDA Advisory Committee Meeting to Discuss Request for Authorization of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for Children 6 Months Through 4 Years of Age (FDA)
- FDA Takes Key Action by Approving Second COVID-19 Vaccine (FDA)
- Spikevax and Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (FDA)
- Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
- MSDH reported the following information for COVID-19 cases in Mississippi (as of Feb. 1): o 5,940 new cases, 126 new deaths and 272 long-term care facilities outbreaks.
- Mississippi Vaccination Report (as of Feb. 2):
- 3,660,924 total doses administered; 1,714,486 people receiving at least one dose; and 1,490,308 people fully vaccinated.
- Lafayette County: 71,156 Total Doses Administered; 29,250 People Fully Vaccinated, 54% of Total Population Fully Vaccinated.