Updated: Feb. 15, 2022
University departments and registered student organizations (RSOs) may arrange events, gatherings and extracurricular activities. We encourage Registered Student Organizations and Campus Departments to consult the suggestions and recommendations below when hosting events and activities on campus and off-campus.
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must submit their in-person events (all in-person meetings, programs, events and activities) through The ForUM and must comply with the University of Mississippi’s event registration policy https://union.olemiss.edu/about-event-registration/
Please note that as of Feb. 14, 2022, the university requires face coverings only in instructional and healthcare spaces, regardless of vaccination status. This includes classrooms, laboratories and clinic settings. Face coverings are not required in other public spaces such as residence halls, libraries, dining facilities, the Student Union, Campus Recreation facilities, retail spaces, offices, conference rooms or extracurricular activities held in indoor on-campus spaces. Face coverings are not required when outdoors but social distancing is encouraged.
Suggestions and Recommendations for Events and Extracurricular Activities
- If feasible, encourage individuals to maintain social distancing when indoors and outdoors. In particular, physical distancing is recommended for indoor events and extracurricular activities (capacity of space should allow for 6 feet distancing or 3 feet distancing for classroom-style seated events).
- Food service recommended to be grab and go or served; not buffet style.
- List of attendees is recommended to assist with potential contact tracing.
- Transportation: Masks required per CDC guidance (vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals).
How can I find out what events are occurring on campus?
- Explore events and organizations at The ForUM.
- Read The Powder Blue, the weekly student newsletter that provides helpful information, connection and campus happenings for all students.
- Follow the social feeds of Ole Miss Student Services and the Associated Student Body.
- Check out the university’s events calendar.