In-person events on campus and sponsored by the university will comply with executive and local orders and guidelines, as well as public health recommendations.
Oct. 19: The university launched a pilot to expand student social activities safely. The pilot is a two-week process to allow some off-campus social gatherings under delineated parameters and requirements. See Oct. 19 message to students for details.
Oct. 2: The university provided updated guidance about events, activities and social gatherings hosted by members of our university community, including registered student organizations as well as academic and administrative units. The guidance covers on campus and off campus gatherings. Read the full message.
Types of gatherings
- Social gatherings: This includes parties, socials, dances and similar activities with unstructured mingling.
- Events/activities: Gatherings that are structured around a specific program or agenda with social distancing and mask-wearing protocols strictly enforced and where unstructured mingling does not occur.
On-Campus Social Gatherings
- Limited to a maximum of 10 participants indoors and 25 participants outdoors.
- In accordance with current CDC recommendations, attendees must wear masks, use social distancing and limit physical contact by maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet or more from people who don’t live in your household.
Off-Campus Social Gatherings
- at least 6 feet of distance between attendees,
- mandatory mask wearing for all participants and
- a point person for the event to ensure protocol compliance.
How to submit allowed events/activities, regardless of venue
Questions about your event?
The Ole Miss Student Union and Jackson Avenue Center are accepting reservation requests for certain rooms with limited configurations. Some other campus facilities that have been available traditionally for departmental and organizational events cannot be reserved this fall due to COVID-19 limitations. Contact managers of specific facilities with questions.
- Class of 2021 Commencement — The main ceremony and most individual ceremonies will be held Saturday, May 1, 2021. Some individual ceremonies may take place the day before or day after May 1. Details about individual ceremonies will follow.
- Class of 2020 Commencement — The main ceremony and most individual ceremonies will be held Saturday, May 8, 2021. Some individual ceremonies may take place the day before May 8. Details about individual ceremonies will follow.
Note: The Class of 2021 ceremony will precede the 2020 ceremony because 2021 graduates will already be in Oxford completing final exams in the week leading up to the Commencement ceremonies.