EVENTS AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
As the university returns for the spring 2022 semester, we are in the midst of the Omicron variant surge. We encourage Registered Student Organizations and Campus Departmenst to plan accordingly when hosting events and activities on campus and off-campus. It is highly encouraged for events, activities and meetings to be moved virtually as much as possible during the first few weeks of the semester. As we proceed into the semester, we expect to return to previous levels of activity.
The university continues to require face coverings in indoor public spaces on campus, regardless of vaccination status. This includes public office spaces, classrooms, conference rooms and other academic spaces like laboratories and libraries. Additionally, masks are required while traversing public spaces in residence halls, dining facilities, fraternity and sorority house common areas, The Gertrude C. Ford Ole Miss Student Union, Campus Recreation, and retail spaces. Masks are required for extracurricular activities held in indoor on-campus spaces. Face coverings are not required when outdoors but social distancing is encouraged.
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must submit their in-person events (all in-person meetings, programs, events and activities) through The ForUM and must comply with the University of Mississippi’s event registration policy https://union.olemiss.edu/about-event-registration/
Suggestions and Recommendations for Events and Extracurricular Activities
- In-person events and activities are recommended to take place only if they have a clear and specific business or educational purpose.
- All individuals must wear masks while indoors in a public or event space and maintain social distancing when indoors and outdoors. Please follow CDC guidelinesfor how to wear a mask so that masks can be as effective as possible.
- Physical distancing is highly recommended for indoor events and extracurricular activities (Capacity of space should allow for 6 feet distancing or 3 feet distancing for classroom-style seated events).
- Food service and other activities indoors that require removal of masks are not recommended.
- List of attendees is recommended to assist with potential contact tracing.
- Transportation: Masks required per CDC guidance(vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals).
How can I find out what events are occurring on campus?
- Explore events and organizations at The ForUM.
- Read The Powder Blue, the weekly student newsletter that provides helpful information, connection and campus happenings for all students.
- Follow the social feeds of Ole Miss Student Services and the Associated Student Body.
- Check out the university’s events calendar.