University Health Services (UHS) is dedicated to meeting the health care needs of the university community and will continue serving students, faculty, and staff via in-person and virtual visits.
- For Student and Employee Health, appointments must be made by phone. To protect our patients and to adhere to public health guidance, walk-ins will not be allowed. All patients will be screened by phone to limit potential exposure before an in-person or virtual visit is scheduled. Modifications to University Health Services physical space and adjustments to the work flow have been implemented to maintain social distancing.
- Students, faculty, and staff who develop symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been exposed to someone suspected of or confirmed with COVID-19 should call UHS or a medical provider immediately. At UHS, a provider will assess and determine if you need to be tested at the clinic.
- You will be asked to quarantine until you receive your test results from a UHS provider. You will be given instructions for what to expect next along with CDC guidance for at home care.
Free Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing
- Monday, 1–5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 1–5 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.–12 noon
No need to complete a survey. You simply fill out your paperwork, show up and get tested — it’s that easy! To schedule your test:
- Text “2020” to 833-991-3009, click this LINK OR scan this QR code:
- Complete the Testing Intake Form
- You will receive a confirmation # to present at the testing site
- Show up (with your University-affiliated ID) any day, any time during testing hours that week.
See this page for additional details including FAQs.
Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases
- Employees must report positive tests to their supervisors and Employee Health, 662-915-6550.
- Students must report positive tests to Student Health, 662-915-7274.
- Student employees, to include hourly student workers and graduate assistants, should report a positive test result to their supervisor and student health.
- The university COVID-19 Response Task Force will be activated to communicate with the MSDH and appropriate campus departments to ensure that proper safety precautions including but not limited to contact tracing, isolation procedures, and disinfecting of workspaces/departments can be conducted.
- The anonymity and confidentiality of persons with COVID-19 will be protected, and their identity will not be disclosed publicly.