University Health Services (UHS) is dedicated to meeting the health care needs of the university community and will continue serving students, faculty, and staff via in-person and virtual visits.
- Student and Employee Health accepts walk-ins, but you are encouraged you to call ahead to secure an appointment time. At this time, in accordance with CDC and MSDH guidance, all patients should continue wearing masks while in our facility.
- Student and Employee Health will have testing capacity for symptomatic and asymptomatic people to begin the semester. Several clinics in town have this capacity as well, listed here. Health departments are also still providing free testing in nearby areas, listed here.
- Students, faculty, and staff who develop symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been exposed to someone suspected of or confirmed with COVID-19 should call UHS or a medical provider immediately. At UHS, a provider will assess and determine if you need to be tested at the clinic.
Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases
- Employees must report positive tests to their supervisors and Employee Health, 662-915-6550.
- Students must report positive tests to Student Health, 662-915-7274.
- Student employees, to include hourly student workers and graduate assistants, should report a positive test result to their supervisor and student health.
- The university COVID-19 Response Task Force will be activated to communicate with the MSDH and appropriate campus departments to ensure that proper safety precautions including but not limited to contact tracing, isolation procedures, and disinfecting of workspaces/departments can be conducted.
- The anonymity and confidentiality of persons with COVID-19 will be protected, and their identity will not be disclosed publicly.