- all healthcare workers and EMTs / paramedics,
- all persons 65 years of age or older,
- persons 18-64 years of age who have underlying medical conditions,
- NEW: All teachers/staff/employees in K-12, preschool or childcare settings, and
- NEW: All first responders (including law enforcement, public safety, fire services and emergency management officials)
- MSDH COVID-19 Vaccination Drive-Thru Scheduler application
- COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center: 877-978-6453 or 601-965-4071
The university is trying to assess people’s willingness to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Also, given that people who match the MSDH criteria may have been eligible to receive vaccines and been vaccinated at other locations, we are trying to assess the number of people in our community who still need to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Monday, March 1: 1–5 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 2: 1–5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 3: 8:30 a.m.–12 noon
- Thursday, March 4: 1–5 p.m.
- Text “2020” to 833-991-3009 OR click on this link.
- Complete the Testing Intake Form
- You will receive a confirmation # to present at the testing site
- Show up with your University-affiliated ID any day, any time during testing hours that week.
- Gov. Tate Reeves’s Executive Order 1543 amends/extends Executive Order 1535 & 1536 (updated Statewide Safe Recovery Order)
- City of Oxford Current COVID-19 Restrictions and Guidelines (Oct. 1 , 2020)
- Feb. 25: Ole Miss Women’s Soccer vs. Samford
- Feb. 25: The Living Wax Museum
- Feb. 25: Donuts with DTP
- Feb. 25: Ole Miss Women’s Basketball vs. Vanderbilt
- Feb. 25: Kayak Polo
- Feb. 26–28: Ole Miss Baseball vs. UCF
- Feb. 26: Ole Miss Women’s Tennis vs. Georgia
- Feb. 26: EWI Interest Meeting
- Feb. 26: Flagship Friday: Sugar Factory
- Feb. 26: Introduction to Ukelele
- Feb. 28: Doubles Table Tennis Tournament
- Feb. 28: Super Smash Bros League
- March 1–4: Engagement Week
- March 6: Rebelthon
- March 9: Sixth Annual TEDxUniversityofMississippi
- March 19: Double Decker Bus Tour
- April 24: Grove Bowl
- Feb. 25, 7 p.m. — “Texas Red”
- Feb. 26, 7 p.m. — “Get On Up” & “42”
- Feb. 27, 6:30 p.m. — “Texas Red” & “Get On Up”
Faculty and Staff
STUDIOone Recording and Editing Suites
STUDIOone Recording and Editing Suites are open only for use by UM instructors. Use of the recording and editing suites is limited to one-person capacity. Face masks must be worn properly at all times, including recording time. Faculty who need to record and edit video content for hybrid and remote classes should contact Christina Streeter for an appointment.
Other Things to Know
- MSDH reported the following information for COVID-19 in Mississippi as of Feb. 23: 669 new cases, 28 new deaths and 86 long-term care facilities outbreaks.
- MAP: Where Mississippians can get the COVID-19 vaccine (MS Today)
- Visit Oxford’s Double Decker Bus tours are back! Seating is limited due to social distancing and masks are required. Check out the schedule.
- Why Kids Need Their Own COVID-19 Vaccine Trials (National Geographic)
- Just Desserts (NYT)
- This ‘Hole in the Clouds’ Photo Looks Like a Glitch in the Matrix (PetaPixel)
- Two Newborn Polar Bears Follow Their Mom in Wapusk National Park, Manitoba, Canada (National Geographic Travel)
- New York’s Pop-Up Concerts Kick Off With Jazz at a Vaccination Site (NYT)
- This 105-Year-Old Beat COVID. She Credits Gin-Soaked Raisins. (NYT)
- Incredible Footage of NASA’s Latest Descent to the Red Planet (The Verge)
- UM Vaccine Information Page
- UM COVID-19 Daily Symptom Checker
- UM confirmed COVID-19 cases among employees and students
- UM COVID-19 Dashboard
- MSDH Free COVID-19 Testing for faculty, staff and students
- Information for Students and Families
- Information for Faculty
- Information for Staff
- SAA-sponsored Student Activities Around Campus
- Frequently Asked Questions
- City of Oxford Upcoming Events